- Initial consultation – $120
- Follow up consultation – $65
- Follow up consultation (extended length) – $75
- Initial family consultation (two family members with similar goals) – $210
- Follow up family consultation – $110
- Concession holders (Aged and Disability Pension) – Initial $110 Follow up $60
- Home Visits – an additional fee of $30 is added to the consultation fee
- Body Composition Analysis (without consultation) – $60
- Bodymedia weekly hire and report – $150
- Supermarket tour (1 hour) – $150
- 8 week healthy eating transformation- 8 consultations, body media hire for 1 week, weekly texts or phone calls to discuss goals – $450
If you have a chronic health condition, your GP may choose to refer you to a Dietitian under a GP management plan. Dietitian Services does not bulk bill for these services. There will be a gap between the initial consultation free and the medicare rebate of $52.95. If you are a pensioner, review fees are $52.95 so that you are not ‘out-of-pocket’. If you are struggling financially and wish to see one of our Dietitians or be referred to the closest community or hospital Dietitians please contact Cathie Lowe directly on her mobile 0409 628 551.
Arana Hills, Aspley, Burpengary, Chermside and Narangba clinics have the facilities to contact Medicare online and have your Medicare rebate banked into your account if you pay by eftpos.
Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)
If you have a Gold card and a referral from your GP (on letterhead or D904 form) then you will not have to pay for your visit to the Dietitian.
Dietitian Services can book transport for Veterans over the age of 80 to come in to the clinic. If you have mobility problems or have been unwell you will not have to pay for a home visit.
Private Health Funds
If you have ‘extra’ level cover in most health funds you will be able to claim some of your consultation fee through the fund. Please call your health fund to find out what rebate you are entitled to.
The clinics at Arana Hills, Aspley, Burpengary, Chermside, Narangba and The Grange have HICAPs facilities. For some funds you will be able to claim your rebate on the spot.
Due to the individualised plans for clients, follow up appointments may be recommended anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks. Follow up times are jointly determined between client and Dietitian.
All appointments are scheduled to allow 40-45 minutes for the initial consultation and 15 – 20 minutes for follow up appointments. The Dietitian strives to stay on time so it is appreciated if you can arrive to the appointment on time. If you think you may need a longer appointment, please let the receptionist know.
It is Dietitian Services policy not to charge cancellation fees. However, as a courtesy to the Dietitians and other clients it would be greatly appreciated if you can call and advise if you are unable to make an appointment. There are times where we have clients hoping for a cancellation so that they can come in earlier.
To book an appointment ring the clinic you are interested in attending as the diaries are kept at each site.
If you need a home visit or are uncertain about making a booking please call Cathie Lowe on 0409 628 551.