Aged Care Facilities
Dietitian Services has wide experience working with Aged Care Facilities and understand the balance of providing quality care, meeting government standards and staying within budget.
Cathie Lowe has over 15 years experience working in aged care and has a passion for menu planning and texture modified diets.
- Dietary assessments of individual care recipients, practical strategies and documentation
- Dietary advice and support for oral or PEG supplements
- Caring Staff education – healthy eating in frail elderly, tips on making every mouthful count, nourishing fluids, texture modified diets
- Food Service education sessions – thickened fluids, texture modified diets, portion sizes, quick easy ways to fortify meals
- Menu assessment and analysis
- Food Service Staff training and support
- Special Diet Manual
Dietitian Services has worked with Food Services in child care, aged care, mining, defence, private hospital and prison sectors.
Dietitian Service staff understand the nutritional requirements and food preferences of different client groups as well as the Food Service sector business structure and management models.
- Menu assessment and analysis – menu compared to nutritional requirements of client group with written report and practical recommendations if required
- Menu design – menu design to include popular menu items as well as ways to meet guidelines for healthy choices and ensure a nutritionally balanced menu within Food Service contracts
- On site Food Service staff training – nutritional requirements of client group, strategies for menu planning, healthy choice provisions
- On site Client education – provide nutrition education for client group
- Special Diet Manual and education
Dietitian Services has provided Dietetic components of clinical research trials since 2001. We understand and have skills in volunteer retention, planning and provision of Dietetic components of research protocols and planning of special test diets. Areas of experience include weight reduction, diabetes and cholesterol lowering trials.
- Provision of nutrition education and counselling as per the clinical trial protocol
- Design of Dietitian components of clinical trials – proforma design, nutrition topics covered, length of consultations
- Special test diet design to meet protocol requirements