The goal of Dietitian Services is to provide you with useful strategies to help you meet your dietary or health goals. Thus our motto – Coaching you to optimal nutrition.
Initial consultations are one-to-one with an Accredited Practising Dietitian. The Dietitian will ask you what your hopes and goals are and what knowledge, skills, meal plans or strategies you would like to have by the end of the session.
The initial consultation takes between 40 and 45 minutes. The Dietitian will ask questions about your current eating patterns, health, exercise and lifestyle to get an understanding of your personal circumstances.
Please feel free to bring along anything that will be useful such as a list of questions, a food or exercise record, food packets, list of medications or multivitamins, blood sugar diary or recipe books. Support people (significant other, family member) are welcome to come in with you for the consultation.
The Dietitian will then provide you with practical strategies based around your lifestyle aimed at improving your eating patterns and health. The advice is personalised to fit your lifestyle and often the strategies are a joint effort between Dietitian and client.
- Infant and childhood nutrition
- Childhood overweight and obesity
- Pregnancy nutrition
- Nutrition for Teenagers
- Vegetarian nutrition
- Nutrition requirements for over 70s
- Weight management
- Obesity surgery – lap bands
- Diabetes – type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes
- Heart health, high cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Gut problems – irritable bowel, constipation, coeliac disease, reflux oesophagitis, eosinophilic oesophagitis, diverticular disease
- Kidney disease
- Eating disorders
- Food allergy and intolerances
- Nutrition in cancer
- Nutritional deficiencies – iron deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency
- Individualised meal plans based on your nutritional genetic profile
Dietitian Services uses the DF50 Impedimed for body composition analysis. Regular measurements help to determine how your body is responding to changes in eating patterns or exercise. The readout tells whether you are hydrated, how much body fat and muscle you have. Body Composition is useful for clients having difficulty losing weight or losing weight quickly (eg lap band), athletes trying to focus on muscle mass or body fat composition and in older clients that are at risk of malnutrition.
- Optimal nutrition for sporting requirements
- Body composition – increase muscle mass, lower body fat
- Nutrition requirements for competition
- Fatigue prevention